Womens Health Physiotherapy is the assessment and treatment of all conditions releated to the pelvic floor and female body during any stage of life: menopause, pregnancy and post partum and post surgery.
This may include but is not limited to:
- Bladder issues – frequency, urgency, stress incontinence, urge incontinence
- Bowel issues – urgency, constipation, faecal incontinence
- Pelvic organ prolapse
- Pelvic girdle pain – symphysis pubis dysfunction, sacroiliac joint pain, coccyx pain
- Back pain
- Abdominal rectus diastasis (abdominal separation)
- Wrist pain – De Quervains & Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Rib pain
- Neck pain and headaches
- Exercise prescription, postural & lifestyle advice specific to pregnancy, the postnatal period and beyond.
Many of these conditions can present at any stage of life with or without child birth as a cause or contributing factor. It’s never too late to address these annoying and embarrasing issues and regain control of your wellbeing.